This is a model motion for Students’ Union and Trade Union meetings. We are encouraging students and staff in London to pass the motion of support for the campaign as it will be an effective way of exerting pressure on the University of London.
More information about the 3 Cosas campaign:
– Campaign website: https://sites.google.com/site/3cosascampaign/home
– Lend your support to the Petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/senate-house-inhouse-campaign/
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/3coca #
– Follow us on twitter: @3CosasCampaign,
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org,
– Phone 07771783094 or 07840136728
Support for 3Cosas Campaign: Policy Motion
This Union notes:
- The University of London (Central administration/Senate House/Intercollegiate Halls of Residence) outsources its cleaning, catering, security, postroom, and maintenance services to Balfour Beatty Workplace and Aramark.
- Most of the outsourced workers do not have sick pay, do not have a pension, and have fewer holidays than people who work directly for the University of London.
This Union believes:
- That all workers at the University of London should be entitled to the same sick pay, holidays, and pensions policies.
- That the University of London is responsible for the ethical practices affecting all workers at the University of London.
This Union resolves:
- To publicly support the 3Cosas Campaign, whose goal is to achieve the same sick pay, holidays, and pensions policies for all workers at the University of London.
- That this Trade Union branch will contribute support to the 3Cosas Campaign through publicity, direct pressure on the University of London, and mobilising students and staff to support the campaign.
This Union mandates:
- To donate £100 to the 3 Cosas campaign for use on campaign materials and publicity.
- The branch secretary to send a letter to the Vice-Chancellor of the University of London, on behalf of the branch, in support of the 3Cosas Campaign.